redbridgecounselling.ca (the “Website”) is a website owned by Red Bridge Counselling, with a registered address of Harvest Ridge Drive, Spruce Groove, AB (the “We”, “Us” or “our”).
How We Gather Information
We may gather Personal Information through the Website in several different ways:
- Through our Website sign-up/registration process;
- Through your orders of products and/or services;
- Through providing support to our registered account holders and/or customers and/or potential customers; and
- Through your payment to third-party payment processors which we use.
We also gather other information (“Other Information”), which cannot identify you unless it is used in conjunction with actual Personal Information. For example, we may collect your computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may receive and store certain information whenever you visit the Website. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website, and to help identify you. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information, and for other purposes. Such Other Information cannot generally be used by us to identify you, and as such is not considered Personal Information.
We reserve the right to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Website and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the collected Personal Information for various purposes including:
- To provide and maintain our Website and to provide you with our goods and/or services.
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To monitor the usage of our Website and to track our customer’s ordering of products or services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website and business (“Service Providers”), to provide services on our behalf, to perform services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. We also may employ agents to fulfill functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site content, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These agents have access to user and customer information as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose.
We may use Facebook’s remarketing service which is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950.
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/; the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada: http://youradchoices.ca/; or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/; or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Adster Creative Inc. & SuperDASH™
Users Must be Age of Majority
Persons under the age of majority in their jurisdiction must ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to us, or via the Website or to Website payment processors.
Use of Personal Information for Marketing etc.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send. If you do not wish to receive notification of special offers or news and/or updates to our Website, please email us at email@example.com.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
As with most other websites, We collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files may include your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit Our Website, the time you visited our Website and which pages you visited throughout our Website.
Transfer of Customer Information
Release of Information When Required
Under certain circumstances, We may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may also release such information if we feel it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of our customers, affiliates, partners, or any other party, and for purposes of protection from fraud and credit risk. We may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our service
- To protect the personal safety of users of our service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are an individual resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may be required to identify yourself as a person to which the GDPR is applicable in order for us to extend GDPR-mandated privacy requirements to you, and we reserve our right to deny provision of our services to you if we in our sole discretion determine that we want to provide the services only to persons resident outside the European Economic Area (“EAA”). If you are a resident of the EEA and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may find out more information, including about the complaint procedure, here; https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your personal data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
We may also retain Other Information for internal analysis purposes. Other Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
“Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we take standard precautions to safeguard your Personal Information, when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.) on our Website which does not encrypt or otherwise secure that information other than by standard web server technology, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, this Personal Information may be subject to unauthorized collection by third parties and that unauthorized activity is beyond our control.
How to Contact Us
The foregoing policies are effective as of 12/20/2022. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Last updated: 12/20/2022